Traditional Narrowboat. 57 Feet. By Louis and Joshua.
The Josie & 'Im is ideal for short breaks or weekly holidays. Operating out of Barton Grange Marina in the heart of Lancashire.
Our boat, Josie & 'Im is a 57 foot, semi traditional narrowboat fitted out to an exceptionally high standard by the renowned Louis and Joshua boatyard. The boat is fully equipped and has been designed for easy access and comfort.
The Josie & 'Im was perfect. Most relaxing and comfortable weekend I've had in a long while. Definitely will book again.
About The Boat
The boat can be entered via either the front or the rear. Front entrance requires a step over into the front well and then entry into the cabin using three steps down covered in non-slip material. Folding footstools are provided to aid the step over into the front passenger well.
Our boat, Josie and ‘Im, is constructive to an exacting standard. The galley is superbly appointed including a comprehensive range of oak units and worktops. Built in appliances include a gas oven and hob and a fridge freezer. Kitchen worktop heights and that of sink and cooker hob are 900mm high.
The dinette dining table in the saloon is 700 mm high and the front door and access is 580 mm wide. The saloon boasts seating for up to 6 people during the day. Space under the seating is used to provide storage for spare bedding and guests belongings.
Access to the rear of the boat to the shower room the toilet and the bedroom is along a corridor 580 mm wide. The doorway to the shower room is 530 mm wide and a 10 mm step is needed to access the shower cubicle. The toilet is 400 mm high and over wash handbasin 900 mm above the floor.
The boat is carpeted in the saloon and the bedroom areas and has oak flooring on the galley floor. Lighting is provided by multiple overhead halogen lights and a reading light is attached above the bed in the bedroom.
Free Wi-Fi is made available on board the boat by way of a mobile dongle giving service, provided a mobile phone service is accessible.
Take a look at inside!
- Our boat, josie and ‘Im, is a 17.36 meter(57 foot)semi-traditional narrowboat built on a Tyler Wilson hull and fitted out to an exceptionally high standard by the renowned Louis and Joshua boatyard. The boat is fully equipped and has been designed for easy access and comfort.
- The cabin is 13.77 metres long. There is a seating area at the forward end with the corner unit and shelves on the starboard side. A solid fuel room heater is fitted on the port side and the craft is also heated by means of skirting radiators. Two leather armchairs with footstools occupy this area. A 28 inch flat screen television, Radio and CD player and Bluetooth speaker along with reference books and games provide you with entertainment.
- Moving aft, there is an L-shaped bench seat on the port side and a dining table with detachable legs. The unit can be converted to a very comfortable double berth Port side side doors have been fitted in this area.
- The U-shaped galley is situated on the port side and is aft of the seating area. It has base units with worktops drawers and cupboards under. The galley contains around stainless steel sink unit with a round drainer, worktops with the refrigerator, drawers and cupboards under. Cooking is effected by means of a gas-fired oven and grill with a four burner hob. The starboard side doors are opposite the galley.
- The passageway to the aft end of the craft moves to the starboard side and on the port side there is a shower room and toilet. The toilet compartment contains a corner shower, a pump out toilet and a corner vanity unit and wash-basin. Moving aft, the bedroom has a permanently fitted bed on the port side with storage underneath, and over bed light and a wardrobe at the foot of the bed
- The cabin is lit throughout by numerous overheard LED lights and all soft furnishings have been treated with a durable flame retardant.